You know how every once in a while I make something and you think to yourself, “Why in the heck did anyone make that in the first place?” and then you think “And why did she feel the need to repeat it?”. Just remember, I’m trying some of these things out so you don’t have to. (Not that you’d really want to sometimes…)
Now before you get too excited, this recipe is not an actual failure. It’s just another so-what recipe and I’ve been sitting on it for a while. Let’s see what I can do to make this a lot more exciting for all of us.
It was a dark and stormy night and all the frozen vegetables were sitting around the campfire… Nope, too scary. I slowly bent into the freezer and grasped the bag of veggies with one hand. I turned my head to look over my shoulder and asked the man standing behind me, “Is this what you wanted?” Has the potential to get really inappropriate.
Once upon a time, in a land of frozen vegetables, Princess Corn was lonely, so she invited her friends Peas and Carrots.Seriously? Why do Jolly Green Giant vegetables taste funny? Because he stands over his corn and peas…
Yeah, maybe not. Maybe just a few helpful suggestions:
- If you don’t want to fully cook your vegetables, at least thaw them before adding everything else. Just trust me on this one. Like I said, I did the research for you.
- More substantial and different textured vegetables may work better. Think things like California blend instead of just regular mixed vegetables. Or some of the blends that include beans.
- Better yet, use some fresh veggies and forget about the frozen ones.
- There is a lot of dressing on this salad. You can cut the recipe in half unless you feel like soup.
- Unless you like mush, don’t used processed cheese. And even thinking about what my great-grandma may consider cooked vegetables, it may be mush regardless of the cheese.
- Add anything with any texture at all to this. Bacon crumbles, perhaps?
- If the recipe is followed, you will have about 11 servings too many of this salad.
This recipe, as I made it, is all sad trombones. It may not even be as interesting as that. It will probably nourish your body to a degree, but it will do nothing at all for your soul. Maybe it’s good diet food? You’ll get bored enough eating it that you’ll lose your appetite all together? Having already tried the 4 Bean Salad, I can see how different versions of this salad could easily sing. This one is completely tone deaf.